OWY's yoga immersion and teacher training is unique because it gives each student an opportunity to dive deeply into the yoga experience. Deepen your relationship with yoga. Transform your life.
Personal: Create a unique individual immersion experience...
Our group training sessions are paired with individual mentoring to inspire deep exploration of self and practice. Flexibility in the program allows individuals to focus on the styles, traditions and concepts that are of personal interest, while also focusing on creating a lifestyle that supports overall health and vitality.
Professional: Teach from experience...
We certify instructors who teach from the depth of their own practices and experiences. Not only is our program an immersion in the practice and philosophy of yoga (both traditional and modern), but it also offers intensive training and practical experience in the art of teaching yoga. Every participant leaves the program with solid peer and instructor reviewed teaching experiences.
The 200 hour program leads to Yoga Alliance RYT-200 certification.
Program Schedule: 2017/2018 schedule (2018/2019 schedule coming soon!)
Group Training Hours: Total 110
2017/2018 Training Weekend Schedule
Saturdays: 8 to 4 and Sundays: 8 to 12
- September 30 & October 1
- October 21 & 22
- November 11 & 12
- December 2 & 3
- January 6 & 7
- January 20 & 21
- February 10 & 11
- March 3 & 4
- March 24 & 25
- April 14 & 15
- April 28 & 29 (make-up weekend)
In order to make our program flexible and to accomodate a variety of life situations, teacher trainers are able to make-up weekend group hours through the teacher training session following the one in which they are enrolled.
Individual Training Hours: Total 80
An additional 80 hours are accumulated in a variety of ways, including:
- Yoga classes at OWY (Students receive an unlimited pass to attend all regularly scheduled yoga classes and workshops at the studio for the duration of the program.)
- One-on-one mentoring
- Holistic wellness mentoring
- Mentored independent study of specific interests.
Teaching Practicum Training Hours: Total 10
- Teaching a minimum of 2 Community Classes at OWY
- In class hands-on adjustment practice
- Optional evaluated yoga classes at other locations
- Evaluting other teacher trainers Community Classes
Program Fee: $2400.
- $300 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Early registration discount of $200 if registered by September 1 ($2200 program total).
- Balance of Program Fee is Due-in-Full 5 days prior to first Group Training Session.
- All regularly scheduled classes and select workshops are free from the date the program is paid-in-full through the end of the Group Training Sessions. Pay in full now and start coming to classes for free!
If you are interested in more information about our program speak to Brian or contact us at email@example.com.
200 hour teacher-training intensives are available upon request.
Here's what previous graduates have to say:
"OWY's Teacher Training Prgram changed my life!"
"I entered Open Way Yoga teacher training primarily to deepen my own practice. I sincerely appreciated the philosophic and practice depth of this program."
"Open Way Yoga provided quality instruction, guidance and the opportunity to explore personal yogic interests and ideas. The class curriculum was well rounded and, in fact, exceeded the 200 RYT requirements. I would recommend this teacher training program to anyone interested in gaining a greater understanding of yoga and the ability to confidently teach in a classroom setting."
"Brian Henderson (our lead trainer) has years of yoga experience and that really shows in his teaching. He was a math professor before he became a yogi and he is as skilled at the art of teaching as he is at yoga. It was an excellent experience that deepened my already deep connection to yoga."
Images courtesy of Joe Ritorto