OWY's yoga immersion and teacher training is unique because it gives each student an opportunity to dive deeply into the yoga experience on many levels. Deepen your relationship with yoga. Transform your life.
Personal: Create a unique individual immersion experience...
Our group training sessions are paired with individual mentoring to inspire deep exploration of self and practice. Flexibility in the program allows individuals to focus on the styles, traditions and concepts that are of personal interest, while also focusing on creating a lifestyle that supports overall health and vitality.
Professional: Teach from experience...
We certify instructors who teach from the depth of their own practices and experiences. Not only is our program an immersion in the practice and philosophy of yoga (both traditional and modern), but it also offers intensive training and practical experience in the art of teaching yoga. Every participant leaves the program with solid peer and instructor reviewed teaching experiences.
The 200 hour program leads to Yoga Alliance RYT-200 certification.
Program Requirements (200 hours total)
Group Training Hours (110 hours)
Maha (Big) Weekends
Saturdays: 8 to 4 and Sundays: 8 to 12
- September 29 & 30
- January 12 & 13
- February 23 & 24
- April 6 & 7
Ardha (Half) Weekends
Saturdays: 8 to 4
- October 13
- October 27
- November 10
- December 1
- January 26
- February 9
- March 9
- March 23
MIssing weekends is highly discouraged because various topics and guest presenters will only be offered at those times. Missed weekends will result in additional assignment, projects, and hour requirements. If Shannon or Brian need to spend additional time with you in order for you to complete the missed weekend requirements, you will be charged our discounted private yoga rate of $40 per hour.
Individual Training Hours (80 hours)
An additional 80 hours are accumulated in a variety of ways, including:
- Yoga classes at OWY (Students receive an unlimited pass to attend all regularly scheduled yoga classes and workshops at the studio for the duration of the program.)
- One-on-one mentoring
Teaching Practicum Training Hours (10 hours)
- Teaching a minimum of 1 Community Class at OWY
- In class hands-on adjustment practice
- Optional evaluated yoga classes at other locations
- Evaluting other teacher trainers Community Classes
We understand illness and life situations happen, so if you are unable to complete the program by the final weekend, you wil have thorugh December 31, 2020 to complete all requirements.
Program Fee: $2600.
- $300 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Early-early bird registration discount of $400 if registered by July 1 ($2200 program total).
- Early registration discount of $200 if registered by September 1 ($2400 program total).
- Balance of Program Fee is Due-in-Full 5 days prior to first Group Training Session.
- Starting June 1, 2018 All regularly scheduled classes and select workshops are free from the date the program is paid-in-full through the end of the Group Training Sessions. Pay in full now and start coming to classes for free!
If you are interested in more information about our program speak to Brian or Shannon or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
200 hour teacher-training intensives are available upon request.
Here's what previous graduates have to say:
"OWY's Teacher Training Prgram changed my life!"
"I entered Open Way Yoga teacher training primarily to deepen my own practice. I sincerely appreciated the philosophic and practice depth of this program."
"Open Way Yoga provided quality instruction, guidance and the opportunity to explore personal yogic interests and ideas. The class curriculum was well rounded and, in fact, exceeded the 200 RYT requirements. I would recommend this teacher training program to anyone interested in gaining a greater understanding of yoga and the ability to confidently teach in a classroom setting."
"Brian Henderson (our lead trainer) has years of yoga experience and that really shows in his teaching. He was a math professor before he became a yogi and he is as skilled at the art of teaching as he is at yoga. It was an excellent experience that deepened my already deep connection to yoga."
Cover image by Jon Roan Photography, Other Images by Joe Ritorto