I’m very excited about the new fall schedule. We’ve added some excellent new teachers and a few new classes.
- Sunday mornings OWY teacher Keelie will be leading a Meditation Class. Keelie has been meditating for many years and has very calm and grounded presence. We're excited to be adding dedicated meditation time to the schedule.
- Heather is teaching Monday mornings at 9am. Heather has been subbing for us this summer so you may have seen her already. She completed her yoga teacher training in India last year and comes to the studio with a strong foundation in Astanga yoga. Although she’s not teaching a strictly Astanga class, her training in this practice comes through loud and clear with an emphasis on alignment and breath. I’ve been to a few of her classes and they are fresh and fabulous.
- Tricia and Karyl are also new additions this season. Both completed OWY's teacher training program and we’re thrilled that they will be teaching at the studio. When you go to their classes you will notice that they bring some familiar OWY elements to their teaching, but they also each bring individual styles as well. Tricia teaches Monday evenings at 5pm and Karyl teaches Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm.
- My Mother (Bev) is teaching a class called Senior Stretch. We’ve been developing this class over the past year with our Tai Chi students. In addition to stretching, the class contains exercises for balance, joint health, breath work and strengthening. The class meets Tuesdays at 10:30am. Regardless of name, this class would be a benefit to all practitioners no matter the age. If you are looking for a good gentle stretch, give it a try!
Teacher Training starts the weekend of September 26th. For those of you enrolled, be sure to have your books by then. We have copies of them for sale in the studio.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swami Muktibodhananda
- Light on Yoga, B.K.S. Iyengar
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, David Coulter
- Teaching Yoga, Mark Stephens
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Swami Satchinanada
During the first weekend we’ll be looking at Sutra 35 in Book One, so if you would like a bit of a preview into the things we’ll be exploring you can have a look.
Finally, we're adding kids yoga this fall. Liz Kelley (another new OWY teacher) will be leading story based yoga on Tuesday mornings for ages 3-5 and Thursday evenings for ages 6-8. Here's the flier for the full story!